"Out of sight, out of mind?"
This saying doesn't always work, but with tempting foods, it sure couldn't hurt!
Everyone's temptations are different. I can tell you, if there are cookies in my house, I will eat them; especially chocolate chip or Oreos. I know I have little self-control when they are in the house. Ice cream doesn't really do it for me, so I can have ice cream in the house for the rest of the family and not think much about it. We are all different; most of us know what our food temptations are...the ones we can't say "NO" to.
Removing these temptations on a daily basis can really help you with your weight loss journey. Here are some tips to remove these little daily temptations and keep them out of sight so they don't sabotage your nutrition goals.
- Do NOT keep tempting foods on the kitchen counter where they are easy to see, easy to walk by, and easy to grab and eat. Hide them in the pantry up high where you may not be tempted every time you walk by. Think about the Halloween candy or Easter basket treats your kids may have brought home. Keeping it on the kitchen counter for days is too tempting.
- Remove candies and treats from your office desk and replace with dried fruits.
- Avoid the break room at work where donuts and pastries are usually found. Bring your own mid-morning snack to munch on.
- Change your driving route and don't drive by the fast food restaurants or coffee houses that tempt you.
- Leave your tempting foods at the grocery store. Will power is much easier if the tempting foods aren't even in the house.
And, in case you are wondering....Yes, I do have Oreos on occasion!