If you don't know what's "broke", how can you possibly "fix" it?
- Do you know how many calories you should be eating to lose weight healthfully?
- Are you eating too many calories?
- Are you exercising enough (or at all)?
- Are you eating too much of some nutrients (fat, sodium) and not enough of others (fiber, calcium)?
- Are you eating at the right times to support your exercise program?
- The best way: Talk to a Registered Dietitian (RD). RDs are trained nutrition experts and can help you find the right answers to all of those above questions, plus many more. In addition, we can help you create a nutrition plan of attack: help you make small changes that will evolve into healthy weight loss habits for a lifetime.
- If you cannot see a RD now, there are some helpful online nutrition analysis sites and smart phone apps you can utilize to get you going. Some are free; some are not. They can help you determine your calorie needs and help you count your calories to keep you on track.
Smart phone apps include:
Happy New Year. Let's make this a healthy one!